Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Pilot

I swear my life is a sitcom. There's no other explanation. Someone, somewhere has scripted the encounters I have every day and someday, I am going to find they have filmed my every interaction. I swear. 

For instance, how many of you have a landlord who has come to your door bearing a gift of wilted bok-choy? Happened to me last week. And yes, I had to spend 30 minutes on google just to identify it and then another 30 on uses for bok-choy because really, who USES bok choy on an average Thursday night? Or ever? I am sure the look on my face as she handed it over was priceless. Becase it clearly said, "You want me to take this wilted plant that looks like a cross between celery (which I hate) and rhubarb and do what exactly with it? But she was standing there, hands full of bok choy, so happy to share that I couldn't exactly slam the door in her face. She might raise my rent. Or tell me I can't use the washer anymore. So I took it, hopefully changing the look of utter confusion to gracious appreciation for her thoughtfulness.

And for the record, I didn't ask that next time she decides to deliver a "treat" to my door, I'd prefer that she come bearing cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Because I love cupcakes with chocolate frosting. They require zero googling, they're already cooked, AND are not an obscure vegetable. 

But I really wanted to.


Bok Choy. In case your neighbors come bearing it, this is what it looks like.
Just thought I'd save you the effort of googling it.
You're welcome.


This is just one example of the many, many sitcom-like moments in my life. And because I am often left wondering how these things happen to me, I have decided to share them with you for your enjoyment, or perhaps you can script them to punk someone else. Because I am more than certain that some day, I am going to wind up on punk'd or candid camera...if that show still exists.

So sit back, relax and get ready to laugh as I share with you stories such as my first experience teaching sex ed, my gift for receiving the, uh, let's say unusual gift, adventures in psychiatric evaluation, interaction with small children, and other every day peculiarities as they arise. Because some of this stuff is just too funny to keep to myself.

I hope you'll tune in and enjoy the idiosyncrasies that make up my sitcom life.

1 comment:

  1. This is gonna be great. And you and I need to get together sometime soon-ish.

    ReplyDelete